With over 40 years global experience in offering care and support to Pet Owners, Pet Plan provides a comprehensive and fully customizable insurance plan with the most extensive choice options. Apart from funding humane veterinary research, Petplan insurance also provides support for partner shelters, rescues and humane societies across the U.S.
Pet Plans Pet Insurance has been recognized by Forbes, Financial Times, the Communicator Awards, Bloomberg, Ernst & Young Inc. magazine, Smart CEO due to its innovative approach to pet insurance.
Animal Covered: Petplan provides coverage for dogs and cats only.
Coverage: Petplan provides comprehensive insurance coverage for accident, new illnesses and medications, hospital stays, rehabilitative care, holistic therapies, and advanced testing. It also provides coverage for non-routine veterinary exam fees like an emergency hospital visit, free congenital, hereditary and genetic coverage.
Other coverage includes the following:
- Veterinary exam fees: This includes the cost of any examination conducted by a licensed veterinarian on the pet.
- Ultrasound: This includes the cost of imaging conducted by a licensed veterinarian to help diagnose or treat your pet.
- Diagnostic treatments: This includes specialized chemistry and blood work carried out while treating an illness or injury.
- Prescription medications: This includes medications prescribed by your veterinarian as a treatment for an illness or accident.
- Cancer treatments: Pet Plans also provide coverage for the treatment of cancer such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Dental treatments (non-routine): This includes non-routine dental treatment like broken teeth, or periodontal disease provided your pet.
- Surgery and rehabilitation: This include all forms of rehabilitation prescribed by a licensed veterinarian.
Exclusion: All pre-existing conditions which first occurred before the effective date of your policy or during the policy waiting period are excluded.
Age limit: Pet must be at least six weeks old to enroll. No upper age limits apply.
Monthly cost: The average monthly cost is $16 - $60, depending on your chosen plan.
Payout Limits: Annual payout limit is from $2,500 to unlimited depending on your chosen plan.
Deductible: Annual deductible is from $100 per condition
Co-pay: 10% co-pay i.e $500
Waiting period: Coverage goes into effect at 12:10 the day after activation. However, there are 5 days waiting period for accident coverage, 15 days waiting period for illnesses and six-month exclusion on cruciate ligaments and patella conditions.
Finally, if you need a pet insurance firm that ensure healthier, longer lives for pets and peace of mind for you, then your best is opting for Petplan. Pet plan is dedicated to providing pet owners with the support, resources and tools they need to keep their pets not just surviving, but thriving long into old age.