Trupanion Medical Insurance is more than just a traditional pet insurance; it was created to provide comprehensive coverage for pets when they are sick or injured. Trupanion is known for its 24 hours customer support that assists pet owners in taking the right decision, and direct payment of claims to selected veterinary hospitals within minutes.
Animal covered: Trupanion provides medical insurance coverage for cats and dogs only.
Coverage: Trupanion Medical insurance provides coverage for all medical expenses on injuries and illnesses such as:
· Hereditary conditions such as Elbow and hip dysplasia, Diabetes, Upper respiratory infections and Thyroid disease
· Unidentified Issues likes Vomiting, Diarrhea, Cough, Change in weight
· Congenital Conditions like Heart disease, Nervous system issues, Cataracts, and Liver disease
Trupanion also provide additional coverage that complements its policy; these riders are made available at an additional cost. They include:
· Recovery and Complementary Care Rider: This covers all non-clinical procedures such as Acupuncture, behavioral modification, chiropractic, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, naturopathy, physical therapy, rehabilitative therapy.
· Pet Owner Assistance Package: This helps your pet outside the veterinary office by receiving coverage for advertising and reward for lost pets, boarding fees in the event you are hospitalized, liability coverage for third-party property damage, cremation or burial for deaths due to an accident, holiday vacation cancellation costs.
Exclusion: Trupanion does not provide coverage for wellness and preventive care, Exam fees, Sales tax where applicable, Pre-existing conditions.
Monthly cost: Monthly cost are determined by factors such as pets breed, age, gender, enrollment, chosen deductible, cost of veterinary care in your area.
Payout Limits: Trupanion offers unlimited lifetime coverage with no payout limits or caps.
Deductible: $0 - $1000, to fit any budget, the deductible can be increased or reduced at any time.
Age Limits: To enroll pets must be between 8 weeks to 14 years old.
Waiting Period: The waiting period is as follows
· Five days for accident
· 30 days waiting period for illnesses.
· No additional waiting periods for hip dysplasia.
If you need pet insurance with uniquely structured deductibles, then Trupanion should be your first consideration. They offer 90% reimbursement for vet costs which makes it worth considering for pet owners with young pets that are likely to develop chronic conditions over its lifetime.